Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Great Groomsmen Gifts



I don’t know about you but I REALLY enjoy buying gifts for other people. My favorite kinds of gifts are those that are unexpected and thoughtful and all around wonderful. I am not so good at buying gifts for birthdays, Christmas, etc. For some reason, I struggle with the planned gift giving. If I’m out someplace and see some cool little trinket that reminds me of someone I love, I have to buy it for them. Then I need a reason for giving it to them so it becomes a two-month early birthday gift or an Easter surprise or a Christmas in July thing. You get the picture.

But predictable gift giving times, I struggle with. I forget or become distracted and the gift doesn’t get bought or given. Fail.

Maybe you are AWESOME at gift giving, unlike me, and already know exactly what you’re giving your bridesmaids. Perhaps you have been planning for weeks what special item you can bestow upon each of your friends that has so graciously agreed to be a part of your wedding day. If that is you, then gold star! You’re ahead of the game.

I don’t want to stereotype (but I’m going to) so here it is: your guy has probably given little to no thought on what to get for his groomsmen. He may be vaguely aware that he is supposed to get a gift to thank each man for his participation in the wedding party but that’s about as far as he’s made it in the brainstorming process.

Let’s help the fella out! I’ve already done a bit of research to get some ideas moving so maybe you’ll want to share these with your man.


  Idea 1: Okay, my first thought was, “CUTEEE!!!” I’m guessing my reaction will be different from any man’s. But let’s be real here, this is an awesome gift. You can do a couple different things with this, depending on your wedding party. I got this idea from Pinterest but after some quick investigating, discovered it originated on Etsy. Some creator was making and selling them but bad news. It looks like she is no longer offering them.  Sad face.  However, I’m thinking a bride or groom could either contact this creator and ask specifically for these gifts or you could make it yourself! Now, apparently that’s a bottle of wine but I’m sure you could do a bottle of Jack, gin, vodka, whatever each particular groomsman would like.  If you really wanted to make this gift jazzy, you could include nice cufflinks, too. Put your own spin on it! The more personalized it is, the more thoughtful it is.  

  
Idea 2: Mustaches are all the rage right now. Don’t ask me why but they are EVERYWHERE. These toiletry bags are not only humorous and personalized but functional, too. Guys love stuff they can actually use! These are also available on Etsy.






Idea 3: Once again, Etsy deserves our gratitude for introducing us to these vintage-looking cigar boxes. By cigar boxes, I mean something much more functional than that. I’m not 50 years old so I don’t know many men who smoke cigars, let alone have a need for a special box in which to put them. These boxes are handmade and painted so if you want a special design or wording, the creator can do that for you. Just ask! They’re lined with felt so they’re great for storing men’s watches, cufflinks, wallets, etc.

I hope these ideas have given you and your man at least a good starting point for the groomsmen gifts. The men and women you’ve carefully selected to join you in your wedding party are meaningful to you and deserve very special thanks. If you are finding yourself in need of more inspiration, chat up the ladies at Details by leaving a comment below or contacting one of us through the main website. We’re always here to lend a helping hand!

PS - If you haven't checked out Etsy yet, you really should. Maybe you haven't noticed but it's awesome! :)

-Meg




1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/30/2020

    If they choose an electronic cigarette kit with refillable cartridges, they usually also get e-juice liquid in the kit as well as they'll be responsible for refilling the electronic cigarettes themselves when they get low on e-juice liquid, which is the liquid that has nicotine in it and that's turned to vapor by the atomizer, which is powered by the batteries. E-Juice liquid comes in several flavors and also strengths of nicotine Marlboro Menthol, which is why smokers use it to help quit. They can start with a higher nicotine level, and then gradually cut back in a more comfortable way than they do with patches or gum Cheap Cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment!